Do you know how to thread a needle? Sew on a button? Repair a loose hem? Operate a basic sewing machine? Then put your skills to good use and join our team!
Saint Therese of New Hope is looking for a seamstress volunteer. This volunteer opportunity involves helping to complete such projects as hemming, sewing on buttons, and basic mending repairs. Work independently for some tasks, but also work with residents when possible to help them with their own various sewing or mending projects. Many of our residents have a lifetime of experience with sewing and mending, but at this stage of the game they need some assistance. If you like to connect with people, share stories, and make a difference in someone's day - you are the seamstress we’re looking for!
The schedule is flexible to the volunteer. Don't delay - connect with us today!
Visit www.sttheresemn.org/volunteer-opportunities to learn more and apply online.
When you make a difference in someone’s life you’ll make a difference in your life too. Volunteering is good for the soul!
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours per year with a flexible schedule
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow HIPAA guidelines
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Musical Volunteers
- Gift Shop Volunteer
- Make a Difference - Volunteer at...
- Palliative Care Companion -...
- Share your Talents and Love for...
- Library Assistant at Saint Therese
- Games & Activities Assistant
- Hospitality Volunteer at Saint...
- Pastoral Care Volunteer
- Day Trips & Fun Outings for...
- Visit with Seniors and Bring a...
- Happy Hour at Saint Therese at...
- Mass/Worship Escort
- Hospitality Volunteer at...
- Sewing/Mending Volunteer
- Senior Men's Group Leader at...
- Music & Memory Volunteer
- Business Office Volunteer -...
- Office Assistant at Transitional...