Opera NOVA, a 501(c) (3) all-volunteer non-profit organization, is looking for a volunteer to pull together and archive the history of our organization. According to David McCullough, "History is who we are and why we are the way we are". Help us write the history of our organization before it is lost.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in computing applications including MS Office, an internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox
- Strong attention to detail
- Sorting through historical materials within the office as well as collections for our sister company, Opera Theatre of Northern Virginia (OTNV - deceased July 1, 2011)
- Collecting photographs, historical articles and other information on our organization including performances, structure, and development
- Interviewing former stakeholders in Opera NOVA, OTNV, and the children’s opera
- Assimilating, analyzing, and organizing all materials
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hr/week
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Volunteer Fundraisers wanted
- Newsletter Writer/Editor
- Volunteer Education Coordinators...
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Webmaster Needed
- Finance Volunteer wanted
- Historian/Archivist wanted for...
- Stage manager for opera...
- Opera NOVA needs volunteers for...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Seniors With the...
- Volunteer Coordinator wanted for...
- School Coordinator for...
- Volunteer Musical Instrument...