Opera NOVA, a 501(c) (3) all-volunteer non-profit organization, is looking for a volunteer to pull together and archive the history of our organization. According to David McCullough, "History is who we are and why we are the way we are". Help us write the history of our organization before it is lost.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in computing applications including MS Office, an internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox
- Strong attention to detail
- Sorting through historical materials within the office as well as collections for our sister company, Opera Theatre of Northern Virginia (OTNV - deceased July 1, 2011)
- Collecting photographs, historical articles and other information on our organization including performances, structure, and development
- Interviewing former stakeholders in Opera NOVA, OTNV, and the children’s opera
- Assimilating, analyzing, and organizing all materials
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hr/week
- Event Planner
- Costume/Wardrobe Volunteer Wanted
- Audience Development for...
- Volunteer PhD Candidates wanted...
- Historian/Archivist wanted for...
- Grant Writers
- Summer Volunteers Wanted
- Stage manager for opera...
- Administrative Assistant
- Connect Local Seniors With the...
- Coordinator of Volunteers wanted...
- School Coordinator for...
- Musical Instrument Coordinator