Director of Fundraising
Director of Fundraising
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: IHSF President and CEO
The Director of Fundraising will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of funds and in kind donations from the community. He/she will manage a team of event planners focused on organizing events to generate support for the organization as well as a team of fundraisers that will reach out to members of the community. The Director of Fundraising works directly with the Foundation leaders and Executive Leadership, volunteers, and board members as appropriate in identifying, cultivating and soliciting funds in the community.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Create, coordinate, and maintain an integrated fundraising plan with the ability to adapt to changes in strategy and scope as necessary
-Manage and assign projects to Event Planner and Representative, oversee their work, and prepare regular reports on progress
-Mentor all team members to be effective team leaders to fulfill project goals and initiatives
-Work with HR to fill open positions and delegate responsibilities throughout the team
-Design and implement a full project plan for all assigned projects
- Ensure that alternative, backup and risk management scenarios are prepared for appropriate programs and available to implement
- Ensure resource needs are addressed and managed.
-Create policy and procedure manual encompassing all team members, tasks, and responsibilities
- Build strong, open and collaborative working relationships characterized by mutual respect with superiors, peers and subordinates within and outside the organization
-Collaborate with the organization’s leaders to develop and maintain the IHSF mission
-A minimum of 5-10 hours per week of volunteer work dedicated to IHSF
Extensive experience in project management/fundraising required. Experience in non-profit preferred.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
155 N Michigan Ave#9012Chicago, IL 60601
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Market Research / Analysis
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 5-10 hours per week