Administrative Assistant Volunteer
HomeAid's purpose is to end homelessness. Orange County is one of the wealthiest counties in the United States with over 3 million residents, yet 15,000 individuals experience homelessness each year. With the specific objective of ending homelessness, HomeAid Orange County’s three unique focus areas of Development of Housing, Services, and Advocacy, allowing the community to engage in this critical issue that affects thousands in the community.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical, administrative and operational support tasks.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Process data and create reports in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, emailing, and filing.
- Set up and coordinate meetings, phone calls and conferences.
- Maintain, compile, and prepare meeting notes as needed.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, bulletins, files, forms and memoranda.
- Pick up or drop off architect plans, and other documents.
- May receive and process information of a confidential nature; ensures such information is maintained in strict confidentiality.
- High School or equivalent
- Detail oriented, a quick learner, efficient, prompt, amiable
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to many personalities and situations
- Self-motivated, self-starter and work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through in a fast paced environment
- Reliable transportation and/or valid driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry boxes up to 20 pounds
Term: Minimum three month commitment requested.
Hours: Four hours per week at first, may increase to 8 hours per week.
This is a volunteer position and non-paid.
Applications and resumes are accepted via email. Please direct all inquiries and applications to Evan Miles at email@example.com. Please title subject as Administrative Assistant Volunteer.
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-12 hours per week