Administrative Assistant Volunteer
Company Description:HomeAid's purpose is to end homelessness. Orange County is one of the wealthiest counties in the United States with over 3 million in residence, yet 13,000 individuals experience homelessness each year. With the specific objective of ending homelessness, HomeAid Orange County’s three unique focus areas of advocacy, development of shelters and service allow the community to engage in this critical issue that affects thousands in the community.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical/secretarial and operational support.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Set up and coordinate meetings, phone calls and conferences.
- Maintain, compiles, and prepares meeting notes as needed.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, bulletins, files, forms and memorandums
- Process data and create reports in MS Word and MS Excel
- Create documents using MS Word and MS Excel
- May receive and process information of a confidential nature; ensures such information is maintained in strict confidentiality.
- Must be detail oriented, quick learner, efficient, prompt, friendly and flexible
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to type quickly and accurately (40+ WPM)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to many personalities and situations
- Must be a self-motivated, self-starter and work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through in a fast paced environment
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry boxes
- Must have own transportation
Term: Minimum three month commitment requested.
Hours: Four hours per week at first, may increase to 8 hours per week.
This is a volunteer position.
Applications and resumes are accepted via email. Please direct all inquiries and applications to Desire Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title subject as Internship Administrative Assistant Volunteer.
The ideal Administrative Assistant candidate will:
- Be passionate about HomeAid’s mission
- Be mature, humble, ethical, reflective, and solution oriented
- Have extreme attention to detail, a high level of organization and efficiency, and the ability to multitask
- Have demonstrated technical skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Be familiar with shared files, particularly Box; strong data management
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy problem solving and follow through to complete each task and project
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week