We are looking for the next dedicated volunteer to work in our Integration Assistance program this Summer. The ideal candidate speaks English and Haitian Creole. Spanish is a plus.Essential Duties:
- Provide case management services to clients and their families.
- Maintain case files for each case in accordance with Grant Program regulations and as required by CWS/IRP.
- Prepare Individual Care Plan (ICP) for each person enrolled in the program.
- Arrange and refer clients to approved services, in accordance with the individual care plan, which includes but are not limited to educational, medical, employment and legal providers.
- Follow-up with referrals and recommendations to ensure that client goals are achieved.
- Coordinate and conduct timely home visits to clients enrolled in the program.
- Work closely with community partners in order to facilitate referrals and secure appropriate services based on ICP.
- Assist in developing a network of medical, psychological, faith-based organizations, social and legal professionals to provide low-cost or pro bono services for clients.
- Responsible for staying abreast of new resources available and to changes made to existing programs and services in the area.
- Responsible for entering accurate client information, case notes in a timely manner, and all other required forms and documents.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Undergraduate degree in social work and or equivalent professional experience.
Excellent English writing skills and experience in various computer software. Fluency in English and Haitian Creole.
Work hours are 9 to 4:45 pm but the volunteer is expected to work at least 5 hours a day. Scheduling is flexible. Interested candidates should send their resume and letter of interest to Phil Rincon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Integration Assistance Program
The Integration Assistance Program provides assistance to eligible refugees and entrants to effectively resettle and become economically self-sufficient in as short a time as possible. Services available through the Integration Assistance program include information and referral services, community education, outreach services, and short-term case management services.
- Office Reception
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Hatian / Creole
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 5 hours a day.