Purpose and Impact: TheComputer Literacy Coach will help Jovenes, Inc. with their mission of empowering youth experiencing homelessness. This individual will do this by providing Jovenes clients with valuable computer lessons and skills. This individual will show youth how to access and use fundamental computer applications. They will develop guides and organize activities that improve computer skills.
Activities, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
This volunteer will:
- Work with Jovenes youth on improving their computer skills
- Organize engaging and appealing activities that increase computer literacy
- Develop guides and presentations that appeal and engage
- Track and report youth participation
Required Skills: Great written and oral communication great motivator, and excellent listening skills.
Preferred Skills: Experience with most computer applications. BA or student in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines. Bilingual - English and Spanish.
Volunteer Benefits: This position offers the volunteer a multitude of professional development opportunities, including experience working with people, building their resume, and expanding personal and professional networks. Upon completion of the volunteer service a certificate will be presented.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible schedule, with a minimum of ten hours per
- Experience with most computer applications. BA or student in Information Technology, Computer Scienc