Purpose and Impact: TheLife Skills Coach will help Jovenes, Inc. with their mission of helping youth experiencing homelessness become self-sustaining adults. This individual will do this through life skills training, to empower and guide the youth and lead them toward a path of independence. They will craft activities for youth to engage in, may it be a cooking, self-care and grooming, cleaning, or manners and etiquette class.
Activities, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
This volunteer will:
- Work with Jovenes youth on life skills training.
- Create activities that pertain to life-skills.
- Serves as a role model/mentor for the youth.
- Prepare evaluations and progress reports.
Required Skills: Great written and oral communication, great motivator, and excellent listening skills
Preferred Skills: Experience with life skills training. A BA or student in Psychology or other related disciplines. Bilingual - English and Spanish.
Volunteer Benefits: This position offers the volunteer a multitude of professional development opportunities, including experience working with people, building their resume, and expanding personal and professional networks. Upon completion of the volunteer service a certificate will be presented.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Life Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Flexible schedule, with a minimum of ten hours per
- Experience with life skills training. A BA or student in Psychology or other related disciplines.