Purpose and Impact: The Creative Writing Coach will help Jovenes, Inc. with their mission of empowering youth experiencing homelessness. This individual will do this by holding classes to engage Jovenes youth in the creative writing process; teaching creative writing approaches to enable them to express themselves and share their stories of success or adversity. The stories written will be posted on a Jovenes blog.
Activities, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
This volunteer will:
- Work with Jovenes youth on different creative writing approaches.
- Edit youth’s creative writing and help them overcome challenges that interfere with their writing progress.
- Set and reach writing goals.
- Improve youth’s writing through thoughtful and insightful critiques.
- Assist in creating a blog that will showcase youth’s stories.
Required Skills: Strong writing and communication skills.
Preferred Skills: Experience with teaching and writing. BA or student in creative writing. Bilingual - English and Spanish
Volunteer Benefits: This position offers the volunteer a multitude of professional development opportunities, including experience with teaching, building their resume and expanding personal and professional networks. Upon completion of the volunteer service a certificate will be presented.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Social Media / Blogging
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Flexible schedule, with a minimum of ten hours per
- Experience with teaching and writing. BA or student in creative writing or student that is currently