We are a national organization making a significant difference in kids’ lives through music education in low-income communities. Become part of this dynamic team by volunteering in our Studio City office!
- Marketing and design for annual report and newsletter: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop. Familiarity with Mac platform is a plus.
- IT Management: Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems. Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions
- Data entry:updating information in our contact and application databases
- Research: school district data, trends and news
- Phone: call schools and teachers for updates and current activities
- eBay: Prepare and post eBay items
- Mailings: Assist with preparation/fulfillment of newsletter and year end mailings
- Social media: Assist posting daily updates on MHOF's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. MHOF will supply information and photos related to MHOF events and news. The remainder of the material for social media will come from the volunteer’s own research into relevant advocacy and educational information
- The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation (MHOF) is seeking a volunteer driver to deliver musical instruments from our office in Studio City to public schools in the Los Angeles area. We are looking for a volunteer with their own, reliable vehicle. MHOF provides full mileage reimbursement.
We are kindly asking that our volunteers match the following criteria:
-Are available at least one day per week (Mon - Fri) for at least 2 hours between 8am and 4pm -Have a valid driver’s license and insurance-Are willing to submit to a background check-Have the ability to lift up to 45 lbs
The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation keeps music alive in our schools by donating musical instruments and vital support services to under-funded music programs nationwide, giving economically-disadvantaged youth access to the many benefits music education, helping them to be successful students, and inspiring creativity and expression though playing music.
To learn more about what we do, please visit us at: mhopus.org
- IT Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design / Print
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hours per week
- Office hours: Monday - Friday , 9am-4pm; some week-ends for special events