Help us make a difference in music education with your great office skills!
77 people are interested
We are a national organization making a significant difference in kids’ lives through music education in low-income communities. Become part of this dynamic team by volunteering in our Studio City office!
- Marketing and design for annual report and newsletter: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop. Familiarity with Mac platform is a plus.
- Data entry: updating information in our contact and application databases
- Research: school district data, trends, and news
- Phone: call schools and teachers for updates and current activities
- eBay: Prepare and post eBay items
- Mailings: Assist with preparation/fulfillment of newsletter and year-end mailings
- Social media: Assist posting daily updates on MHOF's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. MHOF will supply information and photos related to MHOF events and news. The remainder of the material for social media will come from the volunteer’s own research into relevant advocacy and educational information
We are kindly asking that our volunteers match the following criteria:
- Are available at least one day per week (Mon - Fri) for at least 2 hours between 8 am and 4 pm
- Have a valid driver’s license and insurance
- Are willing to submit to a background check
- Have the ability to lift up to 20 lbs
To learn more about what we do, please visit us at mhopus.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation
4370 Tujunga Ave., Suite 330, Studio City, CA 91604, US
The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation keeps music alive in our schools by donating musical instruments and vital support services to under-funded music programs nationwide, giving economically-disadvantaged youth access to the many benefits of music education, helping them to be successful students, and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
The foundation donates both new and refurbished instruments to school music programs that lack the resources to keep up with equipment loss due to attrition, depreciation and wear over time, and to accommodate students on waiting lists or who have to share instruments. An infusion of instruments enables more students to participate and to experience a quality music education. It is vital that efforts are made to give youngsters every tool available within the small window of time when they can make the most of their education, and experience the benefits inherent in learning to play music.
We'll work with your schedule.
4370 Tujunga AvenueSuite 330Studio City, CA 91604
- Basic Computer Skills
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design / Print
- Music Arts
- Data Entry
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hours per week
- Office hours: Monday - Friday , 9am-4pm; some weekends for special events