Each volunteer’s role is different, depending on skills, experience, and interests, as well as on the needs of the organization. Volunteers in Mae Sai can take on a variety of roles and responsibilities, which may include but are not limited to:
Teach English at the Half Day School, Community Learning Center, and to DEPDC/GMS staff
Facilitate extracurricular activities with Half Day School students, aged 4-18
Write for the DEPDC / GMS blog
Produce and coordinate social media and communications
Write grant proposals and grant reports
Assist with the recruitment and training of new volunteers
Online fundraising and marketing
Receive visitors and give presentations on human trafficking and DEPDC / GMS
Attend events and meetings
Photography and Videography
We are open to new ideas and projects which utilize volunteers’ unique strengths and creativity. This position is ideal for someone with long-term goals or interests related to alternative education, non-profit administration, communications and media, child protection, and human trafficking prevention.
At least 30- 40 hours of intensive Thai classes before arrival on site
Must be of good health
6 month minimum stay
Accommodation and daily expenses are self funded.
Ability to get valid visa for Thailand (application documents can be provided)
We welcome sincere queries and talented, motivated applicants! Please complete our International Volunteer Application Form and email it, along with a current CV and a recent passport photo scan, to the International Department at email@example.com . The International Volunteer in charge of recruitment will contact the applicant by email once all required documents have been received. Please download the application form from the website provided.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Fluency in English and/ or Thai. Flexible. Ability to work independently
- India: Volunteer teaching street...
- Memphis: MIFA Meals on Wheels
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Online: Urgent need for YOUR...
- Volunteer in the Brazilian...
- Online: Fundraising officer
- Bulgaria: Retail Expert
- Online: Videographer
- Online: Development Internship
- Guatemala: English Teacher
- Cameroon: Volunteer on a...
- Volunteer Speech and Language...
- Kenya: Teacher or Counselor
- Online: Resource Mobilisation...
- Uganda: Special Educational...
- Uganda: Monitoring + Evaluation...
- Uganda: Women’s Income...
- Uganda: Children's Education...
- Uganda: Education Specialist /...
- Uganda: Assistant Project...