Warehouse Assistant: PLEASE READ ALL CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING!
- Must register with Soldiers’ Angels and subject to a background check.
- Must live in the Mableton, GA area, or towards the west side of the Atlanta metro area.
- Must be available on-call Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm, and occasional weekends, on an as-needed basis, but position is flexible during slow periods.
- Must be able to drive a forklift, operate a pallet jack, and drive large vans & box trucks. Logistics experience a plus.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. and able to do some loading & unloading of vehicles.
- Duties include making regular monthly deliveries to Atlanta VA, special bulk deliveries to Atlanta (and occasional runs to the Augusta & Dublin VA hospitals), and occasional trips to VA satellite facilities.
- Must be available to receive incoming bulk donations at the warehouse, keep inventory, and make deliveries.
- While reliable transportation to get to the warehouse is a must, owning a large van or SUV whose use can be donated for the above purposes is a plus.
- Must have basic math, reading, and computer skills and be proficient in MS Office programs to complete regular paperwork.
- This is a volunteer position, but has the potential to become a PAID PART-TIME POSITION, based on skills and performance.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Bus/Van Driving
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per week.
- Good driving record, flexible schedule, able to do some lifting