* Planning, developing and implementing instructional activities which promote the use of English literacy for academic achievement in the content areas, and the use of English in culturally and socially appropriate ways.
* Communicating knowledge and skills to ESL/ELL students in an interesting, stimulating and effective manner in conjunction with the classroom teacher and appropriately tailoring instruction so that students will be able to effectively participate in the English Language arts curriculum.
* Utilizing a variety of instructional methodologies and curriculum resources geared specifically towards ELL students.
* Working as a team member, sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities.
* Prioritizing the instruction of English Language Learners in English Acquisition.
* Administering different forms of student assessments and planning instruction for students based on the data from the assessments. Specifically, understanding the English Language Proficiency benchmarks and outcomes in order to distinguish between the expected benchmarks for students at each level of English Acquisition: Beginner, Early Intermediate, Intermediate and Transitioning.
* Facilitating and participating in Transition meetings for students who meet the minimum expectations for leaving ELL services.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18