The Hospital Elder Life Program is a program that aims to provide extra attention and care to senior citizens admitted to the hospital. Music therapy helps heal, all instruments welcome!
- Maintain physical and cognitive functioning throughout hospitalization
- Provide excellent care to the older adult population
What can I gain as a volunteer?
- Experience working with older adults
- Interest and experience in the field of healthcare
- Confidence working with patients
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped improve the hospital stay of older adults by providing healing music therapy
Clara Maass Medical Center was able to launch HELP through a generous grant from The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey.
Please contact via email or telephone number 973-450-2558.
- Elder care
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 4 hours per week
- Application, background check, medical clearance