Become a Family Mentor!
21 people are interested
The Family Mentor program at Child Advocates of Placer County provides a Family Mentor volunteer to parents whose children are in the foster care system or at risk of entering the system. The Family Mentor visits the home of the parent each week and helps the parent develop a variety of life skills surrounding things like health, nutrition, budgeting, organization, home care, education, and career and job search.
The minimum commitment for a Family Mentor case with a parent is 90 days. After the initial 90 days both volunteer and parent can reassess to see if they want to renew their contract and continue on with their relationship working toward success together. Our program provides all of the necessary training to work effectively with the parent.
The goals of the Family Mentor program are:
- To prevent the child from entering or re-entering the child welfare system.
- To help the parent(s) become more independent and self-sufficient.
- To end the cycle of child welfare involvement in these families for the next generation.
We'll work with your schedule.
3715 Atherton Rd. Suite 1Rocklin, CA 95765
- Child Welfare
- Life Coaching
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- Family Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours of training
- 1 hour a week with mentee, 12 hours a year of continuing education