Help Build a Community - One Life at a Time
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereEscambia CountyPensacola, FL 32505
We Need Your Help!
Looking for a new community-based project to socially invest and help launch to help empower children, youth, parents/guardians, families, adults and senior citizens to work together in achieving their true potential?
Strongly desiring to to make a real difference in the lives of those less fortunate?
Want to reach out to help children, youth and adults achieve their true potential and not settle for less than their best?
Want to use your knowledge, skills, interests, talents, abilities, connections, resources, fundraising efforts to help future business leaders, medical professionals, engineers, architects, psychologists, etc. reach their goals?
Looking for a realistic "Tomorrowland" as depicted in the Disney movie "Tomorrowland" focusing on bringing together individuals from around the community to create a comprehensive facility that will provide personal, socioemotional, academic, interest/talent, career, service learning and educational developmental services and opportunities throughout the lifespan?
Then continue reading!
The Community Learning Enhancement Institute (CLEI) Task Force, sponsored by the Escambia Juvenile Justice Council, wants to develop the Community Learning Enhancement Institute, Inc. (CLEI) on a small-scaled pilot level beginning with the CLEI's Administration and one of its at-risk prevention and intervention program components - the Nautilus Learning Resource Center (NLRC). The NLRC will be a comprehensive, multifaceted facility that will provide diagnostic, evaluative and prescriptive learning services and opportunities for pediatric and adult clients with specific learning disabilities, ADHD.
If you yourself and/or you know of family members, friends, coworkers, etc. who have struggled with learning in school due to learning issues such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, processing disorders, ADHD, etc. and know that more assistance is required other than mere accommodations (e.g. extra time, medication only) can provide, then perhaps you should seek out more information about the proposed NLRC to be headquartered as part of the CLEI in the Pensacola, FL area. The NLRC is designed to provide specialized and therapeutic personal, socioemotional, academic, interest/talent, career, service learning and educational developmental and support services and opportunities on a personalized level throughout the lifespan of the individual as well as for the family. Additional therapeutic services will include speech and language, occupational therapy and other warranted therapeutic services all in one facility.
The CLEI Task Force needs assistance with:
- Nonprofit business organizational management
- Startup operational processes
- Administrative organizational management
- A possible fiscal sponsorship with a professional and reputable organization that can assist with startup operational fiscal and administrative management, while waiting on nonprofit status approval
- Developing a capital campaign for operational management
- Securing real estate location(s)
- Human resources management formation and personnel recruitment
- And much more
We need people who are committed to our cause and will proactively help us with the developmental incubation of the startup phase in order to begin assisting those in need, including the following:
- A "voice"for the CLEI (e.g. a/an Oprah or Bill Gates personality) - someone who is recognizable, reputable by society and passionate about human empowerment and the achievement potential of at-risk children, youth, families, adults
- Social philanthropists, corporate sponsors, organizational affiliates and supporters
- Nonprofit business managers
- Administrative organizational and human resource managers
- A Fiscal sponsor - reputable and recognizable organization willing to assist with initial fiscal and administrative responsibilities
- Professional fundraising consultants/solicitors
- Realtors willing to assist with securing a building and/or property site for initial operations
- Professionals (e.g. learning center director, neuropsychologists, learning disability specialists, AD/HD specialists, occupational therapists, expressive arts therapists, speech/language therapists, etc.) with expertise, certifications and experience in specific learning disabilities, AD/HD, high functioning autism
- And more
If you would be able to and know of others who are knowledgeable in the aforementioned areas and would be available and committed to assist us in the organizational startup process of the CLEI and NLRC pilot, please contact Dr. Jamison for more information via the email address provided. Please type "CLEI-NLRC" in the subject line of your email.
- Program Management
- Special Needs
- Executive Admin
- Business Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per month
- Seriously committed, available, passionate about the cause, pro bono professional services