The Special Events Intern will assist with various projects focused on our Race for the Cure event, primarily focusing on the Mother’s Day Race for the Cure. The content will revolve around the area of special events, with opportunities to assist with event logistics, database management, mailings, social media marketing, sponsorship fulfillment, while responding to inquiries from the public about the Affiliate’s Race for the Cure event.
- Assist staff with event logistics, details, and planning for the Mother’s Day Race for the Cure on Sunday, May 14, 2017.
- Help coordinate and recruit teams including organizing Team Tailgate on race day.
- Respond to event correspondence.
- Assist with race participant recruitment which may include assisting in marketing strategies as well as contacting targeted Race participants via email/phone to cultivate relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Track vendor information and event equipment.
Required Skills & Education:
- Must be able to attend the Mother’s Day Race for the Cure set-up on Saturday, May 13 and race day on Sunday, May 14, 2017.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Strong social media skills and content understanding.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate.
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
- Ability to lift/carry 30 pounds; capable of standing for one hour or more.
- Position will need to use their personal computer.
- Candidate may be subject to a criminal background check.
- Opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector.
- "Hands-on" environment with individuals who respond to critical community issues.
- Develop above-entry-level skills.
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible Scheduling!