The Development/Event Intern will assist the Development team with various fundraising areas particularly in the area of special events and event logistics, with opportunities to assist with corporate partnership outreach, donor communications, research projects, database management, mailings, event inventory and outreach for in-kind auction items.
- Assist with Race for the Cure, Marathon for the Cure and Gala communications, logistics, volunteer and program support.
- Assist with affiliate special events including, but not limited to Lombard Race for the Cure(r), October Gala, Marathon for the Cure, Rally for the Cure, Bowl for the Cure, Wacoal Fit for the Cure(r), Volley for the Cure(r) and Third Party events.
- Assist with Lombard Race for the Cure, Marathon for the Cure and Inaugural October Gala fulfillment/activation and communication as needed.
- Communicate with past and future donors via phone calls, e-mail and mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Education:
- Must be available Sunday, September 18 th for the Lombard Race for the Cure.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends. Flexible scheduling preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate.
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to events.
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible Scheduling!