The Race for the Cure Intern will assist with various projects focused on our (2) Race for the Cure events, primarily focusing on the Lombard Race for the Cure. The content will revolve around the area of special events, with opportunities to assist with event logistics, database management, mailings, social media marketing, sponsorship fulfillment, while responding to inquiries from the public about the Affiliate’s Race for the Cure events.
- Assist staff with event logistics, details, and planning for the Lombard Race for the Cure on September 18, 2016.
- Track vendor information and event equipment.
- Help coordinate and recruit teams including organizing Team Tailgate on race day.
- Respond to event correspondence.
- Assist with race participant recruitment which may include assisting in marketing strategies as well as contacting targeted Race participants via email/phone to cultivate relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Education:
- Must be able to attend the Lombard Race for the Cure on Sunday, September 18, 2016.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate.
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible Hours