The Volunteer Programs Intern will assist with various duties particularly in the areas of recruiting, orienting, recognizing, evaluating and overall managing of Komen Chicago volunteers. There will also be opportunities to assist with managing volunteers for affiliate special events.
- Assist with recruiting and placing volunteers for the Lombard Race for the Cure
- Assist with recruiting volunteers and interns through web postings and attending recruitment fairs.
- Assist with Komen 101 - Volunteer Orientations with opportunities to enhance public speaking and training skills.
- Attend health fairs and special events as a Komen representative.
- Assist in communications (i.e. monthly Volunteer E-Newsletter)
- Assist in organizing corporate volunteer projects
- Data entry of volunteer information into V2 and Convio (donor database)
Required Skills & Education:
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Public speaking skills, a plus
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
- Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible scheduling!