Citizenship / Naturalization Tutor - Daytimes
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereJewish Family and Children's Services2150 Post StreetSan Francisco, CA 94115
Help refugees and immigrants from the Former Soviet Union become naturalized US citizens. This is a crucial milestone in refugees' and immigrants' lives. People preparing for their naturalization exam benefit from meeting one-on-one with volunteers who conduct mock naturalization interviews and help pinpoint areas for the naturalization applicant to work on. The naturalization exam includes questions on US civics and history, an English comprehension portion, and review of questions from the naturalization application.
Tutors are needed occasionally to meet intensively with specific clients who need extra assistance as they near their exam date, or who cannot attend our evening class due to their work schedule.
Training and ongoing support provided. Ability to communicate in Russian extremely helpful.
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week, or as needed
More opportunities with Jewish Family and Children's Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties
- English Teaching & Conversation...
- Bilingual (English and Russian)...
- English Conversation Groups -...
- Legal Immigration Services Intern
- Friendly Visitor for...
- English Conversation Group Leader
- Citizenship / Naturalization...
- Russian-speaking friendly...
- Friendly visitor for woman with...
- Citizenship Class Leader