Please volunteer at Silver Hill to share your love of baking and some simple recipes that allow a group of patients enjoy Sunday morning with you, each other and the staff. Our baking group volunteers arrive at 10:45 a.m. to set everything up in the kitchen of a residential program for patients living with chronic mental illness. You will teach the residents how to follow a recipe, organize the ingredients, and end up with a tasty (and sometimes healthy) treat for all to enjoy. You select the recipe and we will buy the ingredients or you may do so and we will reimburse you. You do not have to be a professional pastry chef; however you should be mature and comfortable with yourself and others. Ideally, we would like you to participate in one of our hospital orientations that take place on the first Monday of the month (except holiday Mondays). A background check (hospital conducts) and a current reference (you provide) are required.
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours on Sunday 1-2 times per month
- Social Work Department Assistant
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Adolescent Programs-School Time...
- Business Office Assistant
- Make some music!
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Meditation Group Leader
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Medical Library Assistant
- Monday 10:00 a.m. Art Group for...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Adolescent Unit-Greet Visitors...
- Greet Patients & Families During...
- Delight Patients with Your...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Family & Patient...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...