Do you want to do something that is satisfying of great service to your community?
Join the Encompass family and become a Hospice Volunteer! Becoming a hospice volunteer is similar to helping a neighbor in need.
At Encompass Hospice, our volunteers are able to set their own level of commitment depending on their personal schedule and availability. Opportunities for involvement range from direct patient and caregiver contact to administrative tasks, each based on a volunteer's personal level of comfort and desire. There are many ways to give back! Some ways to help make a difference are:
- Playing games, reading, and listening to music with patients (Including music therapy)
- Walking, playing, or caring for family pets
- Administrative support in the office, or from home!
- Arts and crafts, or creating photo albums of the patient and family
- Making supportive phone calls from home
- Sending birthday and anniversary cards
Make Time to Make a Difference
For more information about joining the Encompass family, use the information below!
Nika Sien; Volunteer Coordinator
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
- Family Therapy
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Love people