FR is a Minnesota based no-kill companion cat rescue organization that is volunteer-based and funded exclusively through donations and grants. We provide rescue and relief to the homeless and endangered cats in our community through programs that offer shelter, foster, social and medical rehabilitation, feral and stray management, spay/neuter subsidy, and community education. Our mission is to provide safe shelter, veterinary care and socialization for stray, abandoned or abused cats until good permanent homes can be found for them.
The Shelter Greeter is responsible for interacting with Shelter visitors and potential adopters. Their duties are:
- Meet visitors as they enter the Shelter and identifies the purpose for their visit.
- Guide visitors through the Shelter environment. Conducts tours and points out cats that may be of interest to the visitors;
- Identify and introduce staff that might best assist the visitors. Coordinate interaction between Shelter Caregivers, Adoption Specialists and visitors to assist with the adoption process
- Manage the flow of visitors through the Shelter to limit confusion and ensure that visitors receive the attention they need.
- Ability to interact with visitors and potential adopters to determine their specific interests;
- Ability to juggle multiple groups of visitors with different needs at the same time;
- Ability to ask questions in a non-threatening manner to elicit honest responses;
- Familiarity with the cats available for adoption and any special care required, including basic understanding of medical conditions affecting cats and accommodations needed to care for the cats in the home.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 12 months commitment
- Greeters will primarily work during busy Saturday & Sunday shifts.