Feline Rescue is aMinnesota based no-kill companion cat rescue organization that is volunteer-based and funded exclusively through donations and grants. We provide rescue and relief to the homeless and endangered cats in our community through programs that offer shelter, foster, social and medical rehabilitation, feral and stray management, spay/neuter subsidy, and community education. Our mission is to provide safe shelter, veterinary care and socialization for stray, abandoned or abused cats until good permanent homes can be found for them.
The Shelter Adoption Specialist is responsible for face-to-face contact with potential adopters to ensure that Shelter adoptions are handled in compliance with the Adoption Manual guidelines. The Specialist interviews potential adopters to determine suitability and to match available cats and kittens to approved adopters. Incumbents receive extensive training and should possess:
- Active listening skills;
- Strong attention to detail especially when interviewing adopters;
- Ability to pick up nuances which may identify suitability for adoption;
- Confident and outgoing personality with the ability to handle any situation including upset or distressed visitors;
- Ability to communicate with all personality types using tact and respect; and
- Ability to say no - to decline an adoption application and respond to questions or other feedback from a potential adopter.
- Adoption Specialists work during daily shifts and, depending on the number of shifts work, may need to commit to up to 10 hours per week for adoptions, paperwork, and follow-up with adopters.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Minimum 12 months commitment