The hotline is a 24 hour/day phone number that serves as a resource for service providers and community members looking for more information and/or resources as well as a point of contact for law enforcement and survivors of human trafficking looking for access to immediate STOP-IT services. Under the supervision of the Volunteer Manager and the assigned Outreach Worker, the hotline volunteer will be responsible for providing support and information to persons who call the STOP-IT hotline. The hotline volunteer will be required to answer hotline calls and to provide information and referrals in a timely manner. This position is idea for an individual who enjoys communication with a variety of people and a fast-paced work environment.
- Answer hotline calls immediately.
- Provide information and referrals to callers when appropriate.
- Assess the call to determine the severity and safety of the immediate situation.
- Act as a liaison between the caller and the assigned Outreach Worker when the call requires and immediate response by someone from the STOP-IT team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe.
- Experience in crisis response.
- Ability to assess immediacy of need and provide appropriate referrals and contacts.
Hours: A minimum of two night (5:00pm-8:30am) or day shift (8:30am-5:00pm) per month for six months or 1 weekend (5:00pm Friday - 8:00am Monday) every six weeks. A six month commitment is required.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Additional Requirements: Must have cell phone to which the hotline can be routed and a computer with internet access available when manning the hotline.
Prior to participating in this function within the STOP-IT team, you will be required to complete the following:
- Volunteer application
- Background Check
- One to two 15-30 minute interviews
- Volunteer training seminar
- Hotline training session
Email the organizer with questions or information on how to register for the next training session.
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hotline shift/bmonthly OR 1 drop-in shift/month
- Volunteer training required--next training 3/18 and 3/25 (8:30am-4:30pm)