Looking to make a tangible difference in your community? Join our growing volunteer tutor team in the West Loop/Near West Side and help a student achieve their academic and personal goals!
- Volunteers complete an application, background check, and attend a 90-minute orientation.
- Volunteers are matched one-to-one with a student in 1st-6th grade and meet with that same student once a week during the school year on Mon, Tues, OR Wed from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Typical tutoring sessions include homework review and skill-building activities in literacy, math, technology, and other key subject areas.
- Tutoring Chicago provides a wide variety of resources and materials and staff are on-hand to assist with questions.
For more detailed info and the online application, visit www.tutoringchicago.org/volunteer
Thanks for your interest! In addition to having a significant impact on the life of a child, you are also joining one of the largest (700 and growing!) and most active volunteer communities in Chicago. We host a range of optional workshops, happy hours, and other events throughout the year if you'd like to meet others and get more involved.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for 90 minutes from September to May