Educate Girls Globally (EGG) is seeking a Media Specialist to plan, design and lead our media and public relations campaigns. Responsibilities include collaborating with Marketing to raise the wareness of EGG and the need for girls’ education worldwide. You will establish and maintain ooperative relationships with local and national media and build relationships with other non- profit organizations. Help build support and shape popular opinion in order to drive real change.
Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule. We seek enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative contributors who possess a strong ability to act independently and responsibly. Join a global team that is changing the world by empowering girls through education.
* Plan, develop and implement effective media and public relations strategies that will result in increased awareness about EGG and our programs to advance girls’ education
* Write informative press releases and prepare educational media kits including brochures, leaflets, flyers, etc.
* Support fund development campaigns and events through local media to raise attendance and media participation
* Respond promptly to requests for information, liaising with as well as answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations.
* Ensure EGG’s key messages are incorporated into all public communications
* Collect, archive and analyze any media coverage and provide analysis.
* Work with the Marketing Director to increase and track the number of new supporters,donors and sponsors.
* Other projects as needed
* Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism. or related field
* Knowledge of principles and methods related to media relations strategies and tactics
* Ability to assess various situations, determine strategic approach and develop appropriate and accurate materials that are inline with media strategy
* Familiarity with media production, communication, dissemination techniques and methods, including ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
* Ability to work well with a diverse range of individuals
* Effective communicator and troubleshooter
* Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
* Be able to meet deadlines and possess a strong sense of responsibility
* Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitask
* Virtual office environment, ideal for work-from-home
* Flexible hours
* This is a part-time, unpaid volunteer position, requiring approximately 10-15 hours a week
* EGG offers a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful and rapidly growing organization that is transforming the lives of tens of thousands of girls in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
- Technical Writing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment