E-Squared: Education and Equity
Today, of every 100 Oakland students who start high school, 67 will graduate, 46 will start college, and just 10 will graduate from college within five years. We can do better!
HandsOn Bay Area has teamed up with East Bay College Fund to recruit volunteers for a series of summer events for students who will be starting college in the fall. Make a difference for these students by sharing your experiences, lending a hand with leadership-building activities, and having a lot of fun too!
Join us for hands-on volunteer events and dialogues about education and equity. Below is a schedule of events:
- Wednesday, 7/20: 5:30-7:00pm: TeamWorks Kick-Off (EBCF office - 2030 Franklin St., Oakland)
- Saturday, 7/23: 11:00am-3:00pm: EBCF BBQ (MLK Shoreline Park)
- Saturday, 8/6: 1:00-2:30pm: Summer Retreat Career Panel (Skyline High School)
- Tuesday, 8/16: 6:00-7:30pm: Education & Equity Dialogue: Avoiding the Summer Melt (Location TBD)
- Saturday, 8/27: 3:30-6:30pm: Movie Night (Location TBD)
- Thursday, 9/8: 6:00-7:30pm: Wrap-Up & Celebration (Location TBD)
Spaces for the volunteer series are limited, and participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration closes on Friday, July 15. Make the most of your summer and join a team of like-minded individuals to together achieve an even greater impact for first-generation college students in the Bay Area!
About East Bay College Fund
East Bay College Fund is a lead partner in the Oakland Promise, a cradle-to-career initiative that aims to triple the number of college graduates from Oakland within the next decade. EBCF supports resilient first-generation college students from Oakland by providing scholarships, mentoring, guidance counseling, and other personal and professional development opportunities.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Professional Development
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment