The War Horse is seeking a news researcher to comb major publications (The New York Times, BBC, The New Yorker, and other major news outlets). The volunteer will gather links to stories focused on war, trauma, policies and human rights surrounding the Global War on Terror. What’s happening, and how does it affect veterans and service members in a post-9/11 world? The ideal candidate presents all sides of an issue, checks facts and follows developing stories. He or she must be committed to seeking credible sources and know how to cite them effectively. The ideal candidate is familiar with appropriate media library and archive use. He or she is able to work collaboratively. The volunteer must keep detailed records, and be able to write briefs for connected social media. The caliber of your research will broaden our audience, so we appreciate an eye for detail.
Prior experience in military, local or student news.
Prior experience in a relevant background (veterans’ affairs, public policy, psychology and/or health).
Must possess a team mentality and a passion for success.
- Veteran Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Reading / Writing
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Help Us Find Money!
- Showcase Your Graphic Design...
- We Need A Strategic Thinker!
- Grant Writer/Money Getter
- Seeking A Newsletter Volunteer
- Can You Make Connections?
- Administrative Rockstar Needed!
- Help Us Code Custom Squarespace...
- Can You Find The Facts?
- Can You Crawl and Scrape for...
- Fundraising Professional
- Put Your Research Skills To The...
- Need A Creative Outlet With A...
- Are You A Newshound?
- Seeking A Communications Volunteer
- Wanted: Salesforce...