Our Community Centres team is looking for passionate Community Centre Managers to run our learning centers. Throughout Malaysia we provide underprivileged people with education (English, IT and life skills).
A CCM needs to be motivated, solution-oriented, responsible and ready to dedicate six (6) months or more to an amazing, non-formal education program for underprivileged people in Malaysia. You will become an active member of a local community in a foreign country, while working to make the life of others better. Return home with the satisfaction of having contributed to a local community and experience Malaysia as no tourist can.
Length of contract: 7 - 13 months (1 month training + 6 months placement/12 months placement)
- Develop both professionally and personally in a fun and creative environment
- Become a stronger team leader and manager
- Get training in techniques and methods for teaching, classroom management and community engagement
- Planning and preparing classes;
- Teaching according to the educational needs of pupils;
- Teach according with SOLS 24/7 language system.
- Attain and maintain student participation at your community centre
Community Engagement (25%)
- Daily management of a community centre;
- Collaborate and work with local community leaders for any administrative matters;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with local community;
- Create and implement community activities such as sports, community clean up, etc.
Other activities (15%)
- Handle and oversee the administrative details of community centre management;
- Give students advice on future careers (including information about sources for expert advice);
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions for SOLS 24/7 Malaysia;
- Prepare the administrative and reporting tasks necessary;
- Any other necessary tasks as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Allowance package: Paid position, Smartphone, Laptop provided
- Food, Accommodation and Internal transportation
- Bachelors Degree academic qualification
- Passionate about teaching, community development and helping the underprivileged
- High Proficiency/Native speakers in English
- Work experience as well as leadership and management skills
- Keen to further develop their personal and professional skills by stepping out of their comfort zone and challenge themselves during one year
- Demonstrated interest in education, NGO and poverty alleviation issues
- Send the completed form to email@example.com
- Click the apply now button below to download the application form
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment