Our team is looking for volunteer/intern teachers to play a teaching and administrative role in our Community Centres. Community Centres aim to bring free education to Malaysia’s poor and underserved communities by establishing education centres across the country, providing English, Computer and Life skills classes. We need passionate people who would want to work and live at one of our many centres. You will become an active member of a local community, while working to make a difference improving the lives of others. We teach housewives, young children, youth and working adults on a daily basis. Volunteer with us and return home with the satisfaction of having contributed to the local people and experienced a new culture!
Length of Experience: 3 - 13 months (1 month training + 3 months placement/ 12 months placement )
- Gain practical and professional skills and international work experience.
- Great opportunity for personal growth and development skills enhancement
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Gain a unique experience by immersing yourself within a local community.
4-6 hours daily
- Assisting in teaching;
- Classroom management;
2-4 hours daily
- Administration and reporting;
- Community Engagement;
- Assisting the Community Centre Manager with any other tasks related to centre management, education and social empowerment projects
- Food allowance, Accommodation provided
- This is an unpaid internship
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months to gain full exposure of a learning center and its team and management.
- High Proficiency/Native speakers in English
- Native or Advanced Proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Passionate about community development and changing lives of underserved communities.
- Able to assist and support the Community Centre Manager.
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment