Our team is looking for volunteer/intern teachers to play a teaching and administrative role in our Community Centres. Community Centres aim to bring free education to Malaysia’s poor and underserved communities by establishing education centres across the country, providing English, Computer and Life skills classes.
The Volunteer teacher plays the role of an assistant to the Community Centre Manager (CCM). The Volunteer teacher is to assist the Community Centre Manager (CCM) in areas including the performance of the community centre, meeting the centre objectives, and running daily classes including English, computer and life skills classes. The Volunteer teacher will assist the CCM in daily administration, accounts of the centre, and community engagement in the form of organizing monthly community events. This position will also include assisting the CCM in planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating a range of community initiatives.
4-6 hours daily
Assisting in teaching;
Assisting in Classroom management;
2-4 hours daily
- Assisting with Administration and reporting.
- Community Engagement;
- Assisting the Community Centre Manager with any other tasks related to centre management, education and social empowerment projects
- Minimum food allowance is provided.
- Basic accommodation at centre location.
- This is an unpaid volunteering placement.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months to gain full exposure of a learning centre and its team and management.
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or any other English qualifications are an added advantage.
- If a candidate is shortlisted for the interview. and does not possess any English qualification he/she will be required to complete an English assessment (a link will be sent in the interview invite) prior to the interview.
- High Proficiency/Native speakers in English.
- Native or Advanced Proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Passionate about community development and changing lives of underserved communities.
- Able to assist and support the Community Centre Manager .
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment