Our team is looking for volunteer/intern teachers to play a teaching and administrative role in our Community Centres. Community Centres aim to bring free education to Malaysia’s poor and underserved communities by establishing education centres across the country, providing English, Computer and Life skills classes.
The Volunteer Teacher is an assistant to the Community Centre Manager (CCM) while teaching in our nationwide Community Centre programme.The Community Centres bring English, IT and Motivation classes to underprivileged communities nationwide. You could be placed in our urban, rural or island centres, teaching underprivileged communities there.
- Assisting in teaching;
- Classroom management.
- Administration and reporting
- Community engagement
- Centre Management
- Social Empowerment
- Minimum food allowance is provided.
- Basic accommodation at centre location.
- This is an unpaid volunteering placement.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months to gain full exposure of a learning centre and its team and management.
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or any other English qualifications are an added advantage.
- If a candidate is shortlisted for the interview. and does not possess any English qualification he/she will be required to complete an English assessment (a link will be sent in the interview invite) prior to the interview.
- High Proficiency/Native speakers in English.
- Native or Advanced Proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Passionate about community development and changing lives of underserved communities.
- Able to assist and support the Community Centre Manager .
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- To apply, visit : http://www.sols247.org/volunteer-teacher/
- SOLS Energy Marketing...
- Videographer Professional...
- Project Management Professional...
- Trainee Psychologist (SOLS Health)
- Professional Learning Assistant...
- Marketing Professional Placement...
- Digital Marketing Professional...
- Education and Training Executive
- International Volunteer
- Scholar Development Professional...
- Volunteer Teacher
- Web Programmer/ Developer...
- Operations Professional...
- Human Resources Professional...
- Software Development...
- PR, Digital Marketing and...
- Graphic Design Professional...
- Communications Professional...
- Community Centre Manager
- Human Resources Executive...