English as a Second Language classes help parents of school-age children improve their English and learn how to navigate the school system so that they can help their children succeed academically. During these classes, free childcare is offered to children of all ages.
We are looking for a responsible, reliable, friendly, and patient volunteer to assist childcare providers in organizing fun and educational activities for the kids while their parents are learning English.
- Classes run Oct 4-Dec 1, Tuesday/Thursday mornings, 10:00-11:30am at Central Library (201 W Mifflin St)
- Volunteer must be at least 18yo
- Experience working with children and diverse populations
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Able to commit to attending every week during the semester, with no more than two absences
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18