Interested in cross-culture communication? Bring the world into your home! Jacksonville Area
1 person is interested
Want to get your kids an international companion? Now is your chance by hosting an exchange student who will arrive in August to study at a local high school! It could be one of the most rewarding and enriching experiences you'll ever have.
AFS Inter-Cultural Programs welcomes and has had great success with all families: families with children, empty nesters, single people, young couples, same-sex couples, retirees, etc.
As a host family, you will provide your student with:
1. The opportunity to participate in your family’s daily lives and events
2. The same care, support, and comfort you would another member of your family
3. Room with a bed that is not convertible or inflatable in nature; sharing a room with a sibling of the same gender close in age is fine
4. Three quality meals, including lunches and meals eaten as a family in restaurants
5. Some local transportation
The students have their own travel, medical and liability insurance, as well as their own personal spending money for clothing, toiletries, etc. Host families and students are assigned a liaison to assist them throughout the school year.
Prospective host families can set up an online account and have a staff member contact them to answer any questions. For further information, please visit our website http://www.afsusa.org/host-family/ or contact Alexandra by email at email@example.com
To join AFS, please
1 - Sign up for an account: https://usa.afsglobal.org/volunteer
2 - Complete and submit the Volunteer Application
Once your Volunteer Application is reviewed by AFS staff, we will then contact you.
We'll work with your schedule.
anywhere, at home virtualjacksonville, NC 28546
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per month