FBIIB Inc. is a refreshing and uniquely-niched reentry & media startup that aims to support and spotlight the many men & women who, despite their current or post incarceration, are transcending expectations as the success-stories we rarely hear about. We are hence working on the following four programs to achieve this aim.
- The first of our four programs is the development of a Docu-Series called From Bars II Beyond which features interviews with formerly incarcerated men and women who overcame the odds in achieving their aspirations. The aim of this series is to share how they overcame the challenges and obstacles. We have already filmed a number of interviews with emerging leaders from a variety a sectors.
- Next is our Reentry Partnership Initiative, a sponsorship program that involves partnering with select community organizations in the Greater New York area. Partner organizations will be featured on our website with their own customized, tech-supported, and promoted page that describes their programs and accomplishments. It will also feature a Monthly-Spotlight section where the Partner can honor a selected client/participant for his or her accomplishments in their programs. The awesome part is that FBIIB will award that selected client with a professional photo-shoot at our production partner's Long Island City studio. The photos will be uploaded to the Partner's Monthly Spotlight section and given to that client for their professional use. We are also partnering with other companies in order to provide selected clients with additional resources (e.g. consultations in developing business website, resumes, LinkedIn profiles).
- A third program in development is a bi-monthly forum called FBIIB Success_Talks(tm), where formerly incarcerated go-getters can receive specific insights by a panel of experts regarding topics that matter to their professional advancement (e.g. technology, resources, finance, entrepreneurship, civics, social branding, relationships, etc.).
- Lastly, we're also excited about a small but impactful program called Aspirations From the Inside (AFI) that allows anyone to nominate an incarcerated friend or relative who recently completed a significant program achievement (academic or technical) to have their profile posted on our social media pages and be considered for our monthly AFI awards.
Each of these programs work to motivate new thinking and inspire productive action, particularly from at-risk-youth, while also reducing some of the stigma returning citizens face when the public is educated about our unsung talents, achievements, and potential.
To help us get our much needed programs off the ground, we are reecruiting volunteers and intern-seeking students to assist us in areas of complimentary interests that include the following:
- Social Media/Website Administrator
- Sponsor Outreach
- PR & Communications
- Program Coordination
- Events Planning
- Accounts & Budgeting
- Production & Editing
- Graphic/Visual Design
The posts in each of these areas will involve work that is commensurate with the voliunteer's experience and interests. Learning support will be provided from management and other resources.
- Event Design & Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8 to 12 hours weekly