We are looking for board members in the Baltimore/ Washington DC area. The Board of Directors will guide the Center for International Peace and Reconciliation as it works to achieve its mission to foster peace and reconciliation through research,advocacy, and training. We are looking for innovative and dedicated people that are interested in building a think tank dedicated to peace and reconciliation from the ground up.
What we are looking for
- Experience within a non-profit (international non-profit experience a plus) related to leadership, organizational and program development, fundraising, finance, communications,social media, outreach, networking, capacity building.
- Interest in domestic and global peace issues such as: racism, xenophobia, poverty,equality, armed conflict, human rights, conflict prevention tools,peace building, conflict resolution, peace research,cross-cultural dialog, reconciliation mechanisms, etc.).
- Dependable internet access required.
- Must be comfortable in a multi-cultural and inclusive environment.
- Must be able to dedicate at least 4-6 hours per week.
All interested candidates should send a brief letter of interest telling what you can bring to the CIPR and a CV/Resume to email@example.com
Please note that this position is voluntary. There will be no remuneration of any kind in relation to this vacancy.
The Center for International Peace and Reconciliation has an equal opportunity recruitment policy. We do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, political affiliation, age or any other prohibited ground of negative discrimination.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hrs per week