Exhale is the nation’s premiere organization addressing the emotional health and wellbeing of women and men after abortion. We are now accepting applications to volunteer for our award-winning, national post-abortion Talkline. The Talkline is open evenings and weekends, and new volunteers work 15-20 hours a month from the convenience of their own home, after attending a comprehensive 60-hour training program.
If you are seeking:
- a rewarding volunteer experience where you can develop and practice counseling skills;
- to connect with real people in a compassionate way;
- to create a peaceful culture around personal abortion experiences; and
- to join an innovative organization with a national impact
then the Exhale Peer Counselor Program may be the right place for you!
Applications are due on August 1st, 2016.
Our 60-hour training will take place weekends plus 2 weeknights scheduled in advance from mid-August to mid-September in Oakland, California. Volunteers make a 12-month service commitment after the training ends.
Please fill out the application online at: https://exhaleprovoice.org/volunteer/application#overlay-context=volunteer/program
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hrs/month