Guest Services Volunteers will work directly with staff and supervisors to welcome guests and direct guests both in front of the zoo and inside the park. Responsibilities may include validating tickets, assisting with stroller and wheelchair rentals, assisting with school group entry, and answering questions over a wide range of topics including but not limited to exhibit locations, information about the animals, event information, etc. They will assist in maintaining cleanliness and safety through the zoo. Volunteer may also perform clerical duties within the guest services department as needed.
- Provide excellent guest service to zoo guests and employees by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive and professional) working attitude and appearance and assist in creating value for each individual guest.
- Maintain exceptional standards for guest service, cleanliness, and physical appearance within all locations of the Zoo.
- Communicate clearly with guests and staff over phone, radio or in person.
- Receive and respond to guest inquiries and complaints, problem-solving in a friendly, helpful, positive, and helpful manner.
- Greet and provide directional information to guests and members and respond to their inquiries and requests with current and accurate information.
- Monitor the incoming public ensuring the safety of guests and animals, including; looking for prohibited items, assisting with crowd control, and communicating with rangers regarding situational concerns.
- Perform all functions necessary for the processing and rental of equipment including; review applicable rental contracts, educate guests on safety guidelines and proper use of the rental equipment, and monitor guests' behavior.
- Wash and maintain the integrity of rental fleet and tag any broken equipment.
- Communicate any safety or operational concerns to supervisor.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 75 hours yearly