Summary of Position
A sidewalk counselor provides one-on-one counseling intervention near abortion clinics in Queens. He/she lovingly speaks to the men or women going in for an abortion. They offer help and alternatives to abortion. They are always calm and they peacefully will speak to the mothers to try to help them and their unborn children.
Training will be provided and volunteer counselors will typically work in pairs.
- Offer practical and compassionate alternatives to clients entering abortion facilities.
- Observe the rules/protocols/legalities required in sidewalk counseling
- Fulfill counseling duties at different locations in Queens during agreed upon shifts
- Collect, tabulate and submit information to Bridge’s office
- Monitor levels of marketing materials on hand and inform office when restocking is needed
- Understanding and commitment to BWSC’s mission and core values
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Email and internet access
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training