Job Summary - Intern will work closely with the Resource Development Coordinator to complete applications for additional funding and/or programs supporting ECDC's mission.
- Search through online databases and through internet searches to find appropriate opportunities.
- Write summaries of opportunities for the Resource Development Coordinator and Director.
- Assist with resource development for agency events (research, initial contacts, follow up, sending receipts, etc.)
- Write drafts and revisions of application, in close cooperation with Coordinator.
- Maintain open and direct communication with the Resource Development Coordinator and other ECDC staff.
- May include some program maintainance/trouble shooting (helping review files before monitoring visits, updating community resource materials, etc.)
- Assist the various programs with other resource related tasks as directed.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Present by Internship Completion or Before):
- Current undergraduate or recent graduate required.
- High attention to detail required.
- Previous outreach or development experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills.
- Use of personal computer a plus.
- Interest in working in a multicultural environment.
- Interest in refugee and immigrant topics.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet use.
- Background check.
- Understanding of non-profit development.
- Experience with grant writing process.
- Increased intercultural communication competency.
- Exposure to basic non-profit operations and environment.
- Knowledge of marginalized populations - challenges and opportunities.
- Experience developing a wide variety of resources (sponsorships, grant, donations, in-kind, etc).
- Knowledge of refugee/immigrant support systems.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 2 days per week