Mission of Eden Prairie Schools - Community Education:
Eden Prairie Community Education connects, empowers, and enriches peoples’ lives through lifelong learning and services to our diverse and evolving community.
Purpose of Position:
Enrich the learning experience of our elementary students by providing one-on-one or small group tutoring.
Oak Point, Prairie View, Forest Hills, Eden Lake, Cedar Ridge, and Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion* Elementary Schools
- Dedicate time and energy into encouraging personal growth within the students.
- Provide reading and assignment support to a student or a small group of students.
- Foster a love of learning and literacy in students by engaging the class topics in a variety of ways.
- Work closely with teachers and staff in developing strategies to best serve specific students.
- Contribute to a high-quality learning environment by offering individualized support to students that may need additional help.
- Enrich grade-specific curriculum by working closely with students on comprehension, speaking, spelling and reading.
Volunteers are asked to spend 1- 4 hours per day in a classroom, at least once a week. It is preferred that volunteers commit to at least one term (September - December or January - June).
- An enthusiastic personality
- Ability to multitask in a lively environment
- Willingness to learn new strategies and best practices in working with students
- Experience working or interacting with children
- Flexibility, or being able to adapt quickly to the changing classroom needs
Learn more or apply at www.edenpr.org/volunteer
Contact Person:Amara Robinson or Julie Menk
Eden Prairie Schools - Community Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hours/ week (flexible)