Organization Information: Budget:
$0 - $1M
Mission statement:To provide new nonprofit organizations business assistance through fiscal sponsorship and provide mentoring. Mission Statement #2 Helping struggling families in crisis and securing a better future for them by giving them financial support. Organization History
PTNS is a multipurpose human services organization that will provide fiscal sponsorship to 10 projects or organizations that want to do an immediate cause in the Atlanta Metropolitan area.
PTNS will assist 10 struggling families in need by providing living accommodations (e.g., financial assistance) until the families can get on their feet in the Atlanta Metropolitan area. PTNS will not give funding to families, but will pay families' bills directly. PTNS will provide other necessities such as food, clothing, transportation fare to their jobs. PTNS' was established by Mario Mitchell who witnessed many families in the Atlanta Metropolitan area face financial crisis and began assisting families.
Position Details: Job Description:
Term: 2 years
The Vice President is the secondary leader in Partnership Toward Nonprofit Successs and as such, discharges the duties of the President as required in the President's absence. The Vice President supports the activities of the President including sharing responsibilities as appropriate.
1. Recognizes his or her responsibility to set the example for other board members by
contributing financially at a level that is meaningful to him/her and by playing a major role
in fundraising activities.
2. Works with the President to assist in developing the agendas for committee meetings.
3. Advises the President on appointing volunteers to key leadership positions, including
positions as chair of board committees and task forces.
4. Assists the President by taking on responsibility as necessary for communication with
6. Supports and challenges the President in all his/her responsibilities to ensure organizational priorities and governance concerns are addressed in the most effective and efficient manner.
7. Represents the board in the community, especially at events at which the President cannot attend.
8. Other duties as delegated by the President.
Excellent communication skills
Commitment to and energy to support the charter school and its values; an
understanding of mission and goals, and the distinctions between governance and
Strong leadership and collaborative skills to support the President and to offer alternative
proposals in the interest of best serving the organization.
Strong facilitation and communication skills and an understanding of group process.
Objectivity so that dialog is productive and contributions are encouraged from all sides of
Decisiveness in order to tackle and resolve difficult issues and to keep the business of
the board moving.
Strong organizational skills.
Unpaid Board Position
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 year term
- Business experienced