Learn how to feed orphaned baby birds, squirrels, rabbits, and opossums until they are old enough to care for themselves and be released back in to the wild. March and April will be our heaviest months in terms of new arrivals needing care, called the "baby season"
Provide assistance in the general care and maintenance of the sanctuary and resident non-releaseable education animals. Duties include: cleaning cages, feeding & watering outside animals, and quarterly health checkups for the resident birds and animals (these include weighing, medicating, coping beaks, and trimming talons and nails).
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Memorial Garden Care - Keeping...
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Volunteer
- Food Run Transporter
- Finding Funds - Let the...
- Go Nuts Over Squirrels!
- Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
- Host an Intern
- Administrative Assistant
- Grant Writing Opportunity
- Education Assistant
- Ecosystem revival sessions
- Refreshing Raptors Residences
- Mulch Fest at Possumwood Acres
- Building Animal Homes
- Fundraising Specialist
- Love helping wildlife but still...