We are a 501c3 tax exempt nonprofit based out of Columbus, OH. We help to assist families who are raising children with an incarcerated parent. We offer food assistance, prison transportation, monetary hardship funds, and mentoring services. In January 2017 we are anticipating the launch of a fairly new program called Creating Lasting Family Connections. This is a 40 hour scientifically proven program which helps to strenghthen families by providing them with knowledge and skills that show how childhood experiences shape our beliefs and behaviors as an adult, show the difference between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, the development of children, characteristics of healthy families, emotional awareness and healthy emotional expression, developing expectations in relationships saying "NO", experience with alcohol and methods for prevention and intervention.
We are looking for a grant writer to join our team of dedicated volunteers to assist us with obtaining grant funding to launch our first roll out of Creating Lasting Family Connections.
- Identify potential funders for agency's programs and review application deadlines
- Manage timely completion of grant reports and renewal applications/keep and follow reporting and renewal calendar, prepare reports and renewals for submission
- Help develop budgets for grant proposals
- Maintain a current roster with contact information, application deadlines, and report deadlines
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director to get grant applications submitted
If you have experience with grant writing or have excellent writing skills and are looking to dedicate time towards a worthy cause we would like to hear from you. Please email Ashia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Writing
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Varies. 10-15hrs per week researching new grants
- The submission of grant applications by the deadline may require longer hours depending on the lengh