Job Description/Member: Board of Trustees
The board of trustees of Amblicab is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the agency.
The Board is responsible for:
- Long and short range planning and review.
- Adopt an annual budget and provide fiscal oversight.
- Recruit, orient and develop board members.
- Hire and evaluate the performance of the executive director.
- Evaluate the overall performance of the organization in achieving mission and evaluate Board performance.
- Establish policies for the effective management of the organization.
Responsibilities of Directors
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission.
- Familiar with the organization’s programs and operations.
- Being a working member of at least one board committee.
- Participate in resource development and fundraising.
- Making an annual gift to the organization commensurate with one’s ability.
- Assisting in membership development.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization.
- Help to educate the community.
- Review board meeting materials before the meeting.
- Review the Form 990 before submission to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Identify any potential conflicts of interest and recuse if necessary.
Time Demands (approximate)
- Attend and actively participate in at least 70% of board meetings.
- 10 monthly board meetings - 1.5 hrs: 3 rd Thursday of every month except November and another month.
- Committee work - 1-3 hrs. per month, or as decided by the committee.
- Annual planning retreat - 1 day, usually a Saturday.
- Annual meeting - 1 evening annually
- Attendance at events (time varies).
- Participate in 2 hours orientation for new board members.
- Resource Development / Management
- Elder care
- Strategic Planning
- Transportation Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25