Girls on the Run Coaches
Needed for Spring 2018 at schools across Laurel
Girls on the Run is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young girls for a lifetime of success. This innovative after-school program combines exercise and education to promote healthy habits and self-respect in third- through sixth-grade girls. Participants meet twice weekly for two months to train for a 5K run/walk. Along the way, participants make friends, play games and learn how cool it is to be a girl!
Girls on the Run is always looking for like-minded women who support our mission. You do not have to be a runner to coach or help with our programs. After a half-day training session, coaching involves about 3 hours per week for 10 weeks. The total time commitment is about 40 hours over 14 weeks. Coaching is a blast! The girls' energy and enthusiasm are contagious and you'll have just as much fun as they do. Coaches must be nonsmoking female volunteers who enjoy working with kids and are positive role models for girls.
Coach Training sessions will be held in February.
The Spring 2018 season begins in February and ends in April.
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours over the course of 14 weeks
- Training Required
- Girls on the Run Coach-McCool...
- Girls on the Run Coach-Blue Hill
- Girls on the Run Coach-O'Neil
- Volunteers Needed for Run Now,...
- Girls on the Run Coach-Alliance
- Girls on the Run Coach-Plainview
- Girls on the Run Coach-Osceola
- Girls on the Run Coach-Henderson
- Girls on the Run Coach-Bayard
- Girls on the Run Coach-Kearney
- Girls on the Run Coach-Broken Bow
- Girls on the Run Coach-North...
- Girls on the Run Coach-Sutton
- Girls on the Run Coach-Minden
- Girls on the Run Coach-Norfolk
- Girls on the Run Coach-Scottsbluff
- Girls on the Run Coach-Bridgeport
- Girls on the Run Coach-Stromsburg
- Girls on the Run Coach-Sidney
- Girls on the Run-Rushville