The primary role of this position is to select, train and supervise tutors. The Tutor Coordinator provides leadership development and training resources for tutors.
- Bachelor degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Must comply with the following state mandated background checks. The Employment Skills Center will absorb this expense.
- Criminal History Record Information obtained from the PA State Police
- Child Abuse Clearance obtained through the PA Department Human Services
- Federal Criminal History Record Information obtained by submitting a full set of fingerprints to the PA State Police or its authorized agent for submission to the FBI.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, tutors, staff, and the public.
TRAINING: Online Tutor Coordinator Training through the Tutors of Literacy in the Commonwealth (www.tlcliteracy.org)
PLACE OF WORK: EMPLOYMENT SKILLS CENTER/Work from home.
- Recruit organize and provide orientation to new tutors
- Conduct tutor pairing by identifying appropriate students and available tutors
- Supervise and mentor tutors by conducting quarterly professional development/tutor roundtable meetings
- Meet with tutors and/or students on a regular basis to monitor progress and provide support as needed.
- Provide professional development opportunities and resources for tutors.
- Track tutor and student attendance
- Monitor tutor sessions and student progress through monthly tutor reports
- Participate in monthly tutor coordinator webinars
- Complete eData v2 Staff Maintenance Intake/Exit for all incoming and exiting tutors.
- Complete Employment Skills Center Tutor Data and information forms
- Complete eData v2 Class/Group/Pair Maintenance form when pairing a tutor with a student
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Average of 10 hours per week
- Bachelor Degree required