1. Grow our social media audience
2. Facilitate two-way communication online
3. Generate excitement for YLOT's goals and objectives
4. Develop social media plans for the future
- Volunteer will work with a social media coordinator to develop interesting and strategic methods of engaging with potential donors, those interested in juvenile justice, and potential volunteers. Volunteer will help develop summer/fall/winter 2016 Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram campaigns, to include content, hashtags and graphics.
- Volunteer will assist a social media coordinator with developing Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram guidelines for YLOT to use. These will enable YLOT to find new potential partners and establish its own rules for who to "follow" and what type of posts are good to share.
- Volunteer will write tweets and Facebook posts that focus on promoting YLOT. These can highlight YLOT's events (such as festivals YLOT is participating in or sponsoring), activities (such as classes YLOT members are taking), programs (permanent aspects of YLOT's core mission, such as job skills training).
- Volunteer will select and suggest social media posts from potential partners/allies (other nonprofit organizations, government, notable cultural or academic figures, etc.) to the social media coordinator to share on Twitter and Facebook.
- Volunteer may potentially attend local events and provide photos for use on social media.
- Must be interested in using social media
- Must be familiar with Twitter and Facebook
- Must be comfortable with working on very small teams and also working autonomously
- Must have consistent access to social media
- Must be a good writer
- Graphic design experience is helpful but not a must have
- Basic Computer Skills
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment