Find sponsors and partnerships for Seattle South Asian Film festival, the largest South Asian film festival in the country.Tasveer is seeking a volunteer South Asian Film Festival Sponsorship Coordinator. The person will contribute to the overall success of Tasveer and its spotlight event - 11th Seattle South Asian Film Festival. This position will be supervised by Tasveer Executive Director Rita Meher.
Tasveer is a non-profit film & arts organization & started in March 2002, to dispel cultural stereotypes that have led our community to be misunderstood often, especially after 9/11. Since 2002, Tasveer has conducted over 300 screenings and events.
Seattle South Asian Film Festival (SSAFF) is a 12 day festival of independent films, workshops and forums about South Asia and its people and the diaspora and held in October, 2016. The dates are yet to be determined. It is the largest South Asian Film Festival in the world.
A sponsorship kit will be provided to seek sponsors.
● Plan, direct, implement, and expand, Sponsorship Program, Recruit new sponsors and private foundation through targeted outreach
● Work with Director to create and execute a sponsorship plan to obtain new potential sponsors
● Work min 10hrs a week.
● Follow-up with all sponsor inquiries in a timely manner
● Follow-up with lapsed sponsors and send payment reminders
● Attend outreach events, give presentations to potential sponsors
● Research potential sponsors every week and follow up every day
● 2yrs College degree and up
● Fast-learner, excellent communicator
● Affinity for South Asian culture, arts and films
● Technology savvy, comfortable with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint,
● 2+ years non-profit experience or equivalent sales or fundraising experience
● Should be able to travel to East Side
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Planning
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 10hr/week, onlocation