About the Volunteer Role: Summer P2P Specialist
SUMC is looking for volunteers to serve as Summer P2P Specialists. Summer P2P Specialists support our informational and promotional booths throughout the summer and early fall at street festivals and community events. The purpose of the promotional booth is to increase participation in a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Carsharing Pilot Program, a two-year, grant-funded pilot project to explore P2P carsharing in the Chicago metropolitan area. P2P carsharing is a type of car rental service through which car owners rent their vehicles to other people for an hourly rate. This pilot is a partnership between SUMC, the Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT) and Getaround. For more information about the project, please visit http://sharedusemobilitycenter.org/news/sumc-pilot-will-evaluate-p2p-carsharing-in-low-income-and-low-density-chicago-neighborhoods/
Summer P2P Specialists attend street festivals, farmers' markets, and similar events to talk to community members about the environmental and economic benefits of P2P carsharing and encourage event attendees to sign up for Getaround, a P2P carsharing service.
- Promote SUMC's P2P Carsharing Pilot Program by talking about the program with festival attendees
- Assist with keeping the booth organized and tidy
- Help load or unload materials into or out of booth as needed
- One-hour training session
- Volunteer shift between two and five hours, usually during evening or weekend times
- Volunteers may choose to work multiple shifts throughout the summer
- Willing and able to initiate conversations with event patrons
- Able to spend at least three hours standing and sitting outdoors in close proximity to others
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for volunteers upon request
This is a volunteer opportunity, so there will be no monetary compensation.
To learn more about volunteering as a Summer P2P Specialist, please contact Mary Caron at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-448-6202 ext. 210.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training