Volunteers needed Special Olympics Volusia County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
22 people are interested
Special Olympics Florida -Volusia County is seeking volunteers to help plan and organize Special Olympics events locally in Voluisa County.
Volunteers are needed to serve on the local Management Teams to assist with Marketing and Games Management efforts. The County Programs focus on:
* Sports Competition - games, training, unified partners
* Life Enhancing Activities - Healthy Athletes, Healthy Community, Athlete Leadership
* Participation Growth - Market and brand what Special Olympics Florida has to offer, recruit certified coaches, volunteers, athletes and culture partnerships.
Volusia County is seeking volunteers in the following categories:
- Sport Management: Maintain and add Registered Training Programs. Assist coaches with rosters and athlete compliance (current medical/application).
- Marketing and Communications: Assist with marketing of local games, media outreach and help to spread the word about Special Olympics Florida - Volusia County.
Special Olympics Florida provides year-round sports training and athletic competitions in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. We rely on more than 21,000 volunteers throughout the state each year who serve as coaches, help with events, assist on committees and so much more. Join us in helping athletes achieve their dreams, volunteer today!
For more information contact Denise Breneman
We'll work with your schedule.
Home based in countyDaytona Beach, FL 32118
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- flexible and ongoing
- Can work virtually from home