Habitat for Humanity Construction Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
19 people are interested
Have fun and make new friends while helping to provide your less fortunate neigbors with safe and affordable housing!
Title: Construction Volunteer
Goal: Assist families in the building and repairing of their homes*
Reports to: Construction Manager
Approximate hours: 9:00 am- 2:00 pm each work day (Tuesdays and Saturdays)
Length of Commitment: 3 to 6 hours/work day
Activities such as:
- Framing - Drywall - plumbing
- Electrical - Taping/mudding - insulation
- Tiling - flooring - siding
- Painting - landscaping - window & door installation
- Skilled volunteers may be asked to help lead teams of unskilled workers
- Unskilled volunteers must be flexible, energetic, willing to learn, self-motivated, patient, and willing to work with the partner family
Training Provided: On-site training is available
Benefits: Meet great people, learn about construction, help others in need, and have lots of fun! Lunch is provided!
Construction experience is not needed, but a desire to help others in need and to have fun is!
Youth under the age of 14 are not permitted on the construction site
Youth ages 14-15 are allowed on non-active construction site- only painting and landscaping
Youth ages 16-17 may participate in construction work, but with hand tools only
We'll work with your schedule.
161 High StreetElmira, NY 14905
- Interior Design
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesdays or Saturdays 9:00am- 2:00pm